Navid Aghdaie holds a Ph.D. degree in
where he conducted research at the
Concurrent Systems Laboratory
under the guidance of his advisor,
Dr. Yuval Tamir.
Navid's B.S. and M.S. degrees in Computer Science and Engineering are also from UCLA.
- Reliable Network Services,
- Highly Reliable and Available Systems
- Fault-Tolerant Computing
- Distributed Storage Systems
- Internet Applications
- Search Engines
- Navid Aghdaie, Transparent Fault-Tolerant Network Services Using Off-the-Shelf Components
Ph.D. Dissertation, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, September 2005.
- Navid Aghdaie and Yuval Tamir, CoRAL: A Transparent Fault-Tolerant Web Service,
Computer Science Department Technical Report #TR050039, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, September 2005.
- Navid Aghdaie and Yuval Tamir, Efficient Client-Transparent Fault Tolerance for Video Conferencing,
Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Communications and Computer Networks (CCN 2005),
Marina del Rey, CA, October 24-26, 2005.
- Navid Aghdaie and Yuval Tamir, Fast Transparent Failover for Reliable Web Service,
Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing and Systems (PDCS 2003),
Marina del Rey, CA, November 3-5, 2003.
- Navid Aghdaie and Yuval Tamir, Performance Optimizations for Transparent Fault-Tolerant Web Service,
Proceedings of the 2003 IEEE Pacific Rim Conference on Communications, Computers and Signal Processing (PACRIM 2003),
Victoria, BC, Canada, August 28-30, 2003.
- Navid Aghdaie and Yuval Tamir,
Implementation and Evaluation of Transparent Fault-Tolerant Web Service with Kernel-Level Support,
Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN 2002),
Miami, Florida, October 14-16, 2002.
- Navid Aghdaie and Yuval Tamir, Client-Transparent Fault-Tolerant Web Service,
Proceedings of the 20th IEEE International Performance, Computing, and Communications Conference (IPCCC 2001),
Phoenix, Arizona, April 4-6, 2001.